Israel received coffins early Thursday from the Red Cross, after the alleged remains of four Israeli hostages murdered in captivity had been transferred to the international organization in the Gaza Strip.
The four were positively identified as Itzik Elgarat, Ohad Yahalomi, Shlomo Mansour, and Tsachi Idan, who were kidnapped from their homes on October 7, 2023, before being murdered while held hostage by Hamas in Gaza. Hundreds of Palestinian prisoners were released to secure the return of the bodies.
“The coffins were, with Egyptian mediation, handed over to an IDF force at the Kerem Shalom Crossing,” the Prime Minister’s Office said in a statement. “The initial identification process on Israeli territory has begun. The families of the hostages are being continuously updated and will be officially notified upon the completion of the identification process.”
Later, the office said that forensic tests found that “Ohad, Tzachi and Itzhak were murdered in captivity in Gaza. Shlomo Mansour was murdered in the murderous massacre on October 7, 2023 and his body was held in the Gaza Strip.”
Continue reading this article on i24news.tv